All Lower Campus and Upper Campus students are invited to participate at home. Students will create an artwork within a paper square roughly 8.5”x8.5”. Starting
October 15, 2020, upload your child’s artwork at square1art.com and begin shopping for unique items for holiday gift-giving.
Tips for Creating Square 1 Art
- Fill the space with vivid, bold colors and backgrounds. Light artwork will not reproduce well.
- Keep pictures centered in the space with less important background details at the edges.
- Erase unwanted marks, pencil marks and smudges.
- Have your child sign their art at least 1 inch away from the edge of the paper.
- Use good quality paper. If you need a Square 1 paper, they will be available to pick up in the offices of both campuses starting Tuesday, October 6th.
Suggested Materials - Markers • Tempera Paint • Intense Watercolors • Crayons • Oil Pastels • Paper Collage • Acrylic Paint • Craft Paper • Sharpie
Stay tuned for ideas, video lessons, and reminders!
Meghan Cottrell, LC Art Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Allen, UC Art Teacher email@example.com